DONATIONS – Cash is always best
During and immediately after major disasters many people around the world want to help the disaster victims. It is important to remember that financial assistance is the preferred method of donated support for disaster victims. Cash allows relief organization to purchase items that are needed most for disaster victims. It also allows them to purchase these items in and around the disaster area in order to help the economy recover.
Why Cash Donations are best:
- Helps voluntary agencies meet precise needs.
- Helps re-build local economy.
- Allows for equitable disbursement procedures.
- Is not labor-intensive.
- Provides support for long-term recovery committees.
- More efficient to inventory cash than stuff.
- More bang for your buck.
- Easier to write off on taxes.